Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Girl Bears Baby Boy For Her Father (Incest?)

ather says act was consensual,
Father and daughter agree to
committing incest that
produced a baby boy. But while
f
daughter claims she was
hypnotised.
For 24 years, Zina didn’t know
her biological father. As a
growing child,
she had
repeatedly been told by her
mother that her father was in
Jos, Plateau State, then in Lagos.
Unable to withstand the
resultant mockery from friends
and classmates,
Zina demanded
to be taken to her father,
sometimes refusing to eat for
days.
At last, her demand of several
years was granted two years
ago,
when she was taken to her
father in Amuwo Odofin area of
Lagos
.Today, Zina is 26 year-old.
But, unfortunately, she is
enmeshed in an abominable act
which stigma is likely to remain
with her for the rest of her life.
Reason?
She claims to have a
ten-month old son whose father
is no other person than her
father (names withheld).
Zina alleged that her father was
the first man to have carnal
knowledge of her. Asked how
that was possible,
she claimed
her father usually hypnotized
her anytime he wanted to sleep
with her.
The suspected victim of incest
narrated: “
I demanded to know
my father and also to stay with
him so that I could do
something better with my life. I
thought, when I got to his place,
he would fix me into a skilled
job.
“But when I got there, it was
another ball game altogether. It
all started with his over-
monitoring nature. Anytime I
went to my place of work, my
father would come and check if
I was there or if any man came
to visit me. I thought it was just
this fatherly protective measure
for their daughters.
Then one day, he gave me some
concoction at night, saying it
was for malaria . But after I took
it, I did not know where I was
and, before I knew it, I slept off
and, when I woke up , I
discovered I was naked and
was bleeding. This continued
several times.”
Asked if she told anybody, Zina
replied, “ I did not tell anybody
that first time because he
threatened to send me back to
my mother if I did. He continued
that way until I became
pregnant. Even when I was
pregnant, I never knew.
It started from being dizzy and
when I complained, he gave me
some drugs to take,which made
my stomach rumble for days.
When I could not bear the pain
any longer, I had to contact
someone who in turn contacted
my mother”.
On arrival, her mother was said
to have taken her to hospital
where tests were carried out on
her and results showed she was
six months pregnant. The 39-
year-old mother of the girl, Rose
Nwogugu, was devastated.
Zina remained with her father in
that state until she gave birth to
a male child who has striking
resemblance with his
grandfather.
Lack of care for
both the nursing mother and
her child reportedly prompted
Nwogugu, mother of the incest
victim, to alert the police who
arrested the father.
“What have I done to deserve all
these?”, Zina’s mother asked
Sunday Vanguard. rhetorically.
Information showed that the
single mother had suffered
several misfortunes in life. First
was the pregnancy that
produced Zina, twenty -six years
ago, when she was barely 13
years.
She was reportedly impregnated
while in form two. Then, the
man responsible (Zina’s father)
was a trader in Jos. The
pregnancy distorted her
education, as her furious
parents refused giving her out
in marriage, on the grounds
that she must finish her
secondary education first.
Looking back with regret,
Nwogugu said” “
This man
(pointing to the father of her
child) has put me into so much
trouble. Part of it is that I have
not been able to marry since
then. He got me impregnated
when I knew nothing about life.
Even at that , he never bothered
to check on his daughter. I
reluctantly took my daughter to
him so that he could at least play
his fatherly role on her. I never
knew it would turn out this way.
I came to check on her when I
heard he was not taking care of
her only for me to discover that
my daughter had been
impregnated by her own
father”.
On why he decided to sleep
with his daughter in the first
place, the suspect blamed it on
spiritual forces beyond his
control.
“If I tell you it has got more to
do with spiritual forces, you may
not believe me . But it is true.
This spiritual thing is true. I was
cursed by one of my uncles
without any fault of mine. He
placed a curse on me that I will
never do well in life.
Since then, anytime I have
money at hand, it will just
disappear. I have been going
from pillar to post all these
years, struggling to make ends
meet but no way. Look at me, is
it proper for a man my age to be
unmarried? Eh- hen, that is what
I am saying. This thing
happening to me is not
ordinary.”
On why he chose his daughter
instead of a female friend, he
said, “I do not have a girl friend.
It all started when she started
telling people that I am not her
father. When her mother
brought her to me in 2009, I
could not take care of her
because I was poor. I could not
feed myself, let alone another
person. It is not that I never had
plans for her but things were
tight for me, that I had to take
her to my elder sister’s place.
But she later brought her back
saying my daughter had some
problem.
I then got a place at Mile Two
park where she could be
managing in a restaurant. While
there, she kept telling people
that I was not her father. Out of
annoyance, I took her away
from there and got her another
place, yet the case was the
same.
At a point I begged her to stop
denying me before the world
but she would not stop. Then I
removed her from there and
made her to stay at home with
me for four months before I
took her to learn fashion
designing where she repeated
same thing”
Asked how he got his
daughter’s consent in the
atrocious act, he said, “It
happened one night. I did not
tell her anything. I only crept to
her and started fondling her.
She did not put up any
resistance; so I had carnal
knowledge of her. This
continued until her mother
came to inform me she was
pregnant. She never told me she
was pregnant. I could not also
deny it because when the baby
was born he looked very much
like me.
“I did not hypnotize her as she
claimed. The only concoction I
gave to her was for malaria
because there are lots of
mosquitoes where we lived and
I did not want her to suffer
from malaria. Her claim that I am
the first man in his life is also a
big lie. This is because she was
not a virgin when I slept with
her. I am an adult and I know
how it feels like with a virgin.”
Asked whether he felt any
remorse the first time he slept
with his daughter, he shook his
head and said,
“ remorse? no.
There was nothing like that. It
was just like any other girl”.
On what he wanted to do with
the product of the pregnancy,
he remained calm refusing to
talk.
Even when he was asked
what the name of the child was,
he directed this writer to her
daughter.
Meanwhile, 10-month old baby
clung to her mother , crying and
struggling at the same time to
remove her blouse in an attempt
to reach out for her breast.
Unknown to this innocent child,
an abominable incident capable
of stigmatizing his image, had
occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment